A gift of rustic charm for the cheese lover. It has 3 premium cheeses presented on a New Farm Deli Cheese/Bread Board.
As this hamper contains deli fresh items it is for delivery Brisbane only.
A gift of rustic charm for the cheese lover. It has 3 premium cheeses presented on a New Farm Deli Cheese/Bread Board with a lovely cheese knife set.
Please note: Because our cheeses are cut by hand exact weights may vary slightly.
- Fromager D’Affinois Campanier 180gm – soft French Cheese:Above the gently sloping limestone hills of Belley in the Rhône-Alpes, sits Fromagerie Guilloteau – the region’s best known cheese maker renowned for its Fromager d’Affinois range of cheeses.The technique of ultra-filtration, pioneered by the company’s founder and owner, Jean-Claude Guilloteau, along with modern lactic fermentation, are used to boost the protein and calcium levels in the curd. Cream is added for both flavour and texture before the wheels are ripened for three weeks, during which time they develop a thin rind as the curd breaks down to a silky smooth texture.
Named for the golden wheat fields in the countryside (‘campagnier’), the newest addition to the Fromager d’Affinois range has a washed rind with a deep amber colour.
- Rolf Beeler Aged Gruyère 210gm – semi- hard Swiss Cheese: Gruyère is one of the most famous Swiss cheeses. It is made from cow’s milk and has a nutty, sweet taste with complex musty and mushroomy notes. Our wheels of Gruyère are aged by Rolf Beeler, a master affineur in Zurich. Aging a minimum of sixteen months yields a firm pâte with a granular texture. This exceptional Gruyère is delicious when used in a fondue as well as on it own. Pair this cheese with a Champagne, Syrah, or even Zinfandel.
- Ashgrove Cloth Matured Cheddar 240gm – hard Australian Cheese: Traditionally handcrafted cheddar matured in a traditional cheese cloth and aged for up to 18 months. Strong flavour with earthy characteristics from maturation in the cloth. Made in Tasmania
- New Farm Deli Cheese Board
- Frozen Gel Pack to keep cheeses chilled